« Home | regrets//-->  »

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

if...

Timely reminder...

If we really believed that eternity waited for us on the other side of this brief life...

We would fear less and risk more.
We would live our lives more like pilgrims and less like packrats.
We would be more concerned with being a friend, than being without friends.
We would pray more and process less.
We would be more sensitive to souls and less impatient with personalities.
We would expend more energy worshipping and less worrying.
The world would see God more.
We would see ourselves less.


E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

that is...if there's really eternity on the other side of life

What if there isn't?
What if the whole god thing is really an elaborate scam devised by some lunatics to fulfil their selfish political ambitions?
How much of what we read and know today is true to its core origin, having gone through thousands of years of subjective intepretation, selective perception and incomplete understanding?

How would you know? I can hear you say faith?

But we believe and had faith that humans were born to love and care, why the Bali incident, why the 9/11, why the war in Chechen? Why the ruthless murder of the filipino maid? And closer to you, why the politics in your work?

I hear you say God has a reason for everything and sometimes its beyond us mere mortals to understand.

And when the time comes for us to finally understand, are you so sure we will be convinced of the answer?

why the deep thots recently?

god-less: in all honesty, I am not sure if I am able to answer your question. I know and believe that there is an eternity on the other side of life, because I have seen how real God is to me. There are many questions, and I do have them myself, but I don’t doubt the existence of my God just because I don’t know the answers. I can’t speak for others, but yes, when the time comes for me to finally understand, I know I will be convinced of the answer.

Add a comment