« Home | it's cheap as it is//-->  »

Thursday, October 20, 2005

fighting over the same person

Will you ever get together with the partner of a friend?

I don't think I ever will. It's something that I've already figured out and convinced myself when I was in my teens. I thought and still think that it's silly for good friends to fight over someone who may or may not be a certainty in your life. At the end of the day, good friends are hard to find while you might still be able to find another partner. Even going out with ex-partners of friends are a 'no-no' to me. Unless your friend is absolutely truly ok with it. Otherwise, it just leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

It set me thinking if I've ever done something like that. And unfortunately, yes, I think I did.

My good friend had a crush on a classmate. I didn't think he was that cute but a lot of girls had a thing for him. I don't know why but one day, he suddenly asked me to be with him. I also don't know why but I agreed. Ok, maybe he was rather cute afterall. It was only on hindsight that I realised I might not have done the right thing. Fortunately my magnanimous friend didn't hold that against me.

I've seen how good friends can fight and fall out over a person and it's terribly sad when it happens. It's worst when the relationship doesn't work out and you lost on both sides.

If you were the person whom they were fighting over, what would you do?

I think I would walk away.

But I'm glad I no longer have to worry about these anymore.


E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

oooh. i have been in this situation. lost a damn good friend. and the guy turned out to be a jerk.

yeah. sucky isn't it?

yah lor. i'll never fight with a friend over a man ever again. you're so right.no guy is worth it and no friendship is worth it based on 'what if' and 'maybe future'.

yah lor. i'll never fight with a friend over a man ever again. you're so right.no guy is worth it and no friendship is worth it based on 'what if' and 'maybe future'.

Humm...ur story sounds oddly familiar. Ha ha...ya "cute" guy.

Humm fren's ex...ya abit touchy. well unless its a long long time ago ex??!! maybe but I'm glad none of us are in tat spot.

Love is something you cant really control (well u cant reject but cant control) so what if it happens and is a fren's ex and he/she(depending on pt of view) dont mind?

i'm glad too, that none of us are in that position and hope we'll never be.

Add a comment